[Digikam-devel] Search not working...

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Tue Apr 23 17:44:46 BST 2013

2013/4/23 Yiou WANG <geow812 at gmail.com>

> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm working on a bug related to advanced search, so I got the latest
> digiKam (3.2.0-beta 2) from git. It can compile, build and run without much
> problem. But when I try to write some query using search, whatever I do,
> nothing happens. I cannot see any search result. So that means the advance
> search cannot work either...

It work fine here, in same conditions.

> What was different this time is I got a warning when compiling:
>
> I compiled using: cmake -DDIGIKAMSC_USE_PRIVATE_KDEGRAPHICS=on
> -DDIGIKAMSC_COMPILE_DOC=on -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=debugfull
> -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=`kde4-config --prefix` ..
>
> ok

> CMake Warning at
> /usr/share/kde4/apps/cmake/modules/MacroOptionalFindPackage.cmake:32
> (find_package):
>   Could not find module FindQtGStreamer.cmake or a configuration file for
>   package QtGStreamer.
>
>   Adjust CMAKE_MODULE_PATH to find FindQtGStreamer.cmake or set
>   QtGStreamer_DIR to the directory containing a CMake configuration file
> for
>   QtGStreamer.  The file will have one of the following names:
>
>     QtGStreamerConfig.cmake
>     qtgstreamer-config.cmake
>
> Call Stack (most recent call first):
>   extra/kipi-plugins/CMakeLists.txt:172 (MACRO_OPTIONAL_FIND_PACKAGE)

Don't care. It's for VideoSlideShow kipi-plugins.

> Besides, I always get the error: QSqlDatabasePrivate::removeDatabase:
> connection 'ConnectionTest' is still in use, all queries will cease to work.

It's an internal Qt message. I have same here since a long time.

>  But it is always there, and it seems to disturb nothing, so I don't
> think that's the reason...
> I tried to debug a little bit, the method keywordChanged() is called. And
> I'm sure my query should return some result.

It can be a KIO slave dysfunction. DB query run through a kioslave. If it
not responding...

But in this case if you have broken kioslave, no item will be displayed in
iconview from AlbumGUI. Same about Tag view

> I've been blocked on this for some time... Does anyone has seen this
> before? Thanks in advance!

Did you enable some icon view filters when you run advanced search tool ?

Did you have touch some code somewhere ?

Did you turn on digiKam and kioslave debug space through kdebugdialog. In
this case when you run digiKam in a console, debug messages will be printed.

If i remember, if you print with kDebug() << writer.xml() returned from
SearView::write(), it will show you the XML string used to query DB in
search.