[Digikam-devel] Search not working...

Yiou WANG geow812 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 23 16:53:55 BST 2013

Hi everyone,

I'm working on a bug related to advanced search, so I got the latest
digiKam (3.2.0-beta 2) from git. It can compile, build and run without much
problem. But when I try to write some query using search, whatever I do,
nothing happens. I cannot see any search result. So that means the advance
search cannot work either...

What was different this time is I got a warning when compiling:

I compiled using: cmake -DDIGIKAMSC_USE_PRIVATE_KDEGRAPHICS=on
-DDIGIKAMSC_COMPILE_DOC=on -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=debugfull
-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=`kde4-config --prefix` ..

CMake Warning at
/usr/share/kde4/apps/cmake/modules/MacroOptionalFindPackage.cmake:32
(find_package):
  Could not find module FindQtGStreamer.cmake or a configuration file for
  package QtGStreamer.

  Adjust CMAKE_MODULE_PATH to find FindQtGStreamer.cmake or set
  QtGStreamer_DIR to the directory containing a CMake configuration file for
  QtGStreamer.  The file will have one of the following names:

    QtGStreamerConfig.cmake
    qtgstreamer-config.cmake

Call Stack (most recent call first):
  extra/kipi-plugins/CMakeLists.txt:172 (MACRO_OPTIONAL_FIND_PACKAGE)

Besides, I always get the error: QSqlDatabasePrivate::removeDatabase:
connection 'ConnectionTest' is still in use, all queries will cease to work.
But it is always there, and it seems to disturb nothing, so I don't think
that's the reason...
I tried to debug a little bit, the method keywordChanged() is called. And
I'm sure my query should return some result.
I've been blocked on this for some time... Does anyone has seen this
before? Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,
Yiou