[Digikam-devel] Separate bugs mailing list?

todd rme toddrme2178 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 12:33:00 BST 2011

On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 1:16 PM, Gilles Caulier
<caulier.gilles at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2011/8/10 todd rme <toddrme2178 at gmail.com>:
>> On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 1:05 PM, Tom Albers <toma at kde.org> wrote:

I think the idea is to have one "virtual" bugs.kde.org user, say
"digikam-developers" or something like that.  That user is
automatically subscribed to all digikam bug reports.

On bugs.kde.org, individual users can say that they want to "watch"
particular users.  Here is the description from bugs.kde.org, which
explains it better than I can:

"If you watch a user, it is as if you are standing in their shoes for
the purposes of getting email. Email is sent or not according to your
preferences for their relationship to the bug (e.g. Assignee)."

So anyone who watches that virtual user will automatically get all the
digikam bug reports emailed to them directly by bugs.kde.org without
having to through a mailing list or individually subscribe to bugs.
Anyone who wants to stop getting these emails can just remove the
"virtual" user from their watch list.

What is more, I think it could even be broken up more finely, with
"virtual" users for any digikam component (although I am not sure
about that).  If you do it that way, users could pick which components
they wish to follow by watching particular users.

Did I explain that right, Tom?

-Todd