[Digikam-devel] Re: Color theme plan...

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 14:14:42 BST 2011

Code patched on git master.

It still an important hard-coded value in source code :

https://projects.kde.org/projects/extragear/graphics/digikam/repository/revisions/master/entry/libs/themeengine/themeengine.cpp#L201

This color is used to draw rating and other digiKam properties in GUI.
I use orange like color from Dolphin rating icon.

Perhaps we can do better, for ex to compute this color to have the
best contrast with background color accordingly with KDE color scheme
selected in setup menu.

Same for this less important color :

https://projects.kde.org/projects/extragear/graphics/digikam/repository/revisions/master/entry/libs/themeengine/themeengine.cpp#L216

https://projects.kde.org/projects/extragear/graphics/digikam/repository/revisions/master/entry/libs/themeengine/themeengine.cpp#L223

Suggestion are welcome...

Second point : as you can see, we don't use now the gradient and other
color effect in icon view. We have 2 solution :

- remove it definitively from source code to simplify implementation.
Typically this consist to remove Texture class and perhaps Theme
class. This depend of complexity.

- re-use it. To do that, we can provide customized KDE color scheme
config file, including standard KDE settings + digiKam specific
settings for gui texturing. In settings menu, we can list standard KDE
file and use simple Theme instance + digiKam specific files which can
play in-deep with Theme configuration.

KDE color scheme files are KDE RC file based text file :

[gilles at localhost core]$ cat /usr/share/apps/color-schemes/WontonSoup.colors
[ColorEffects:Disabled]
ColorAmount=0
ColorEffect=0
ContrastAmount=0.65
ContrastEffect=1
IntensityAmount=0.25
IntensityEffect=2

[ColorEffects:Inactive]
ColorAmount=0
ColorEffect=0
ContrastAmount=0.25
ContrastEffect=2
IntensityAmount=0.05
IntensityEffect=2

[Colors:Button]
BackgroundAlternate=90,98,109
BackgroundNormal=82,88,99
DecorationFocus=125,141,153
DecorationHover=119,149,179
ForegroundActive=255,255,255
ForegroundInactive=135,143,154
ForegroundLink=156,212,255
ForegroundNegative=225,150,209
ForegroundNeutral=218,198,115
ForegroundNormal=210,222,240
ForegroundPositive=145,221,100
ForegroundVisited=64,128,255

[Colors:Selection]
BackgroundAlternate=111,126,144
BackgroundNormal=120,136,156
DecorationFocus=125,141,153
DecorationHover=119,149,179
ForegroundActive=255,255,255
ForegroundInactive=174,192,218
ForegroundLink=156,212,255
ForegroundNegative=225,150,209
ForegroundNeutral=218,198,115
ForegroundNormal=209,225,244
ForegroundPositive=145,221,100
ForegroundVisited=64,128,255

It's easy to add a digiKam section with customized settings for
texturing stuff...