[Digikam-devel] Re: Status of face detection

Sven Burmeister sven.burmeister at gmx.net
Wed Nov 17 08:13:25 GMT 2010

Am Dienstag, 16. November 2010, 18:40:22 schrieb Marcel Wiesweg:
> > I scanned an album and it does reach the end, yet it does not close the
> > pop-up window with the scanning progress and neither does it stop the
> > progress bar from moving left to right and back.
>
> Do you mean the animation on the progress bar? That's only eye candy by
> Oxygen.
> I think it is intended that the dialog does not close (though one can argue
> that it should close)

I mean the little block that moves from left to right while scanning, it never
stops and thus mediates that there is still something in progress.

> > But what if you already assigned a name to that face? Then close the
> > picture and click on it again. After that there is no "Who is this"
> > dialogue but only the tag shown. And clicking on that tag does not allow
> > to change or remove it.
>
> I happened to test it now from a testing setup, and I see the problem.
> Previously, it always worked for me - seems I never created new tags. It's
> fixed in SVN, and a few other glitches as well.

With libkface Rev: 1196626 and digikam  Rev: 1197834 clicking on the name in
the preview does still not do anything. Also now the tag view shows the whole
thumbnails instead of just the bit of the picture the face is on. If there are
two faces on a picture the "who is this" gui appears when hovering that
picture in the tag view (unknown people) yet since the whole picture is shown
one does not know which face the tag is assigned to.

Is it ok to assign tags to unknown faces while the scanning is still in
progress?

Sven