[Digikam-devel] Re: Status of face detection

Marcel Wiesweg marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de
Tue Nov 16 17:40:22 GMT 2010

> I scanned an album and it does reach the end, yet it does not close the
> pop-up window with the scanning progress and neither does it stop the
> progress bar from moving left to right and back.

Do you mean the animation on the progress bar? That's only eye candy by
Oxygen.
I think it is intended that the dialog does not close (though one can argue
that it should close)

> > > Does anyone else have the issue that manually adding faces via the icon
> > > in the preview (head and a green plus) does not work
> >
> > Ah no this is not implemented right now.
>
> But it was, was it not? I saw some red quadrangle some weeks ago.

Yes, that was there, but the code had the problems here and there. Then I
forgot to add it again.
I had the idea to do a quick face scan with high sensitivity to offer
candidates, but I dont know if I will implement that.
(the problem will be with recognition - manually added faces will cut out
different areas than the automatic detector. But we care about this when
recognition works someday)

> But what if you already assigned a name to that face? Then close the
> picture and click on it again. After that there is no "Who is this"
> dialogue but only the tag shown. And clicking on that tag does not allow
> to change or remove it.

I happened to test it now from a testing setup, and I see the problem.
Previously, it always worked for me - seems I never created new tags. It's
fixed in SVN, and a few other glitches as well.

Marcel