[Digikam-devel] Re: Status of face detection

Marcel Wiesweg marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de
Wed Nov 17 10:23:54 GMT 2010

> I mean the little block that moves from left to right while scanning, it
> never stops and thus mediates that there is still something in progress.

When scanning more than one tag, the expected total may be too large (multiple
assignments). For this case, I have now added a cheat. Otherwise, see below.

> With libkface Rev: 1196626 and digikam  Rev: 1197834 clicking on the name
> in the preview does still not do anything. Also now the tag view shows the
> whole thumbnails instead of just the bit of the picture the face is on. If
> there are two faces on a picture the "who is this" gui appears when
> hovering that picture in the tag view (unknown people) yet since the whole
> picture is shown one does not know which face the tag is assigned to.

Dont know, I cannot reproduce anything of this. Just deleted test db and
thumbnails, and scanned from scratch.

Finished progress bar:
http://img337.imageshack.us/my.php?image=plasmadesktopd28216.png

While assigning tag to unknown person:
http://img337.imageshack.us/my.php?image=plasmadesktoph28216.png

Confirmed tag:
http://img337.imageshack.us/my.php?image=plasmadesktopa28216.png

After a click on "Monkey":
http://img337.imageshack.us/my.php?image=plasmadesktopg28216.png

> Is it ok to assign tags to unknown faces while the scanning is still in
> progress?

Sure

Marcel