[Digikam-devel] Re: Status of face detection

Sven Burmeister sven.burmeister at gmx.net
Tue Nov 16 11:12:44 GMT 2010

Am Dienstag, 16. November 2010, 10:01:19 schrieb Marcel Wiesweg:
> > With Rev: 1197310 (digikam) and Rev: 1196626 (libkface) the issue is
> > fixed in a way, i.e. digikam notifies that the face detection was
> > finished and a "close" button is enabled. Yet if scanning only one
> > folder the picture of another folder is shown in the scanning window and
> > the progress bar still moves from left to right, which is kind of
> > irritating.
>
> But the process is finished, that is no CPU? Does it finally reach the end?
> Did you scan a tag or an album?

I scanned an album and it does reach the end, yet it does not close the pop-up
window with the scanning progress and neither does it stop the progress bar
from moving left to right and back.

> > Does anyone else have the issue that manually adding faces via the icon
> > in the preview (head and a green plus) does not work
>
> Ah no this is not implemented right now.

But it was, was it not? I saw some red quadrangle some weeks ago.

> > and neither does
> > clicking on the tag of a face in the preview give any possibility to
> > change the tag?
>
> This is how it's supposed to look when hovering over the area or toggling
> the "Show Face Tags" (head without +)
>
> http://img264.imageshack.us/my.php?image=plasmadesktopp28216.png

But what if you already assigned a name to that face? Then close the picture
and click on it again. After that there is no "Who is this" dialogue but only
the tag shown. And clicking on that tag does not allow to change or remove it.

Sven