[Digikam-devel] Re: Versioning marks

Marcel Wiesweg marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de
Thu Nov 4 18:28:14 GMT 2010

> I've been playing a little with how to properly indicate, that some images
> have other versions. I've come up with two cases - the first case is when
> you have only the last/current version visible and the rest is hidden and
> the second case is when you have all the images visible regardless of
> relation (there is an option for this hiding/showing)
>
> In the first case, I made a "stack" (or a pile if you will, see screenshot
> 1) of images,

- there is no (0px) spacing left in the upper and left edges of the pile. One
pile element less?
- the main element border is lighter than the pile borders

> you can switch the images in the sidebar, that will set the
> "current" flag to that switched image (please note that the other versions
> are not hidden in this, this is still work-in-progress).

When we implement this, as discussed, in the ImageFilterModel, we will be
able, through some whitelisting, to "fan out" a pile dynamically

> In the second case, all images that belong into one relation are outlined
> in the icon view. See screenshot 2.

Is this drawn only when one item of the group is selected? The colors are
suggestive of that. In any case, colors must be taken from the theme.

Is it possible to draw the "edges" (left side first picture, right side last
picture of group) differently? Perhaps some rounded rects and or gradients.
I'm not a designer, I can only say if I like something when I see it, I dont
know how to code what I like in advance ;-)