[Digikam-devel] Versioning marks

Martin Klapetek martin.klapetek at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 17:05:41 GMT 2010

Hi all,

I've been playing a little with how to properly indicate, that some images
have other versions. I've come up with two cases - the first case is when
you have only the last/current version visible and the rest is hidden and
the second case is when you have all the images visible regardless of
relation (there is an option for this hiding/showing)

In the first case, I made a "stack" (or a pile if you will, see screenshot
1) of images, you can switch the images in the sidebar, that will set the
"current" flag to that switched image (please note that the other versions
are not hidden in this, this is still work-in-progress).

In the second case, all images that belong into one relation are outlined in
the icon view. See screenshot 2.

What do you think about this? Please remember that these are just mockups
(ready to commit though) and I'd like to hear your opinions, especially
about the second one (is it good/bad/what colors should be used etc).

Screenshot 1 - http://www.flickr.com/photos/mck182/5146385372/
Screenshot 2 - http://www.flickr.com/photos/mck182/5146385234/
(zoom in for better view)

Thanks,