[Digikam-devel] Re: Versioning marks

Martin Klapetek martin.klapetek at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 18:42:42 GMT 2010

On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 19:28, Marcel Wiesweg <marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de> wrote:

> > I've been playing a little with how to properly indicate, that some
> images
> > have other versions. I've come up with two cases - the first case is when
> > you have only the last/current version visible and the rest is hidden and
> > the second case is when you have all the images visible regardless of
> > relation (there is an option for this hiding/showing)
> >
> > In the first case, I made a "stack" (or a pile if you will, see
> screenshot
> > 1) of images,
>
> - there is no (0px) spacing left in the upper and left edges of the pile.
> One
> pile element less?

Yes, I was thinking to either increase the spacing (not a good approach
really) or to do only two elements. Probably will go with two.

> - the main element border is lighter than the pile borders

I can't seem to find the color with which the main rectangle is painted, so
I used Qt::gray for the while. But they will definitely match at the end.

> > you can switch the images in the sidebar, that will set the
> > "current" flag to that switched image (please note that the other
> versions
> > are not hidden in this, this is still work-in-progress).
>
> When we implement this, as discussed, in the ImageFilterModel, we will be
> able, through some whitelisting, to "fan out" a pile dynamically

That's exactly what I was thinking :)

> > In the second case, all images that belong into one relation are outlined
> > in the icon view. See screenshot 2.
>
> Is this drawn only when one item of the group is selected? The colors are
> suggestive of that. In any case, colors must be taken from the theme.

Yes, when you select any one image inside one relation cloud, all of them
gets outlined. The color is again just for testing purposes, but I wouldn't
use theme's color for selection, because then you won't easily recognize,
which image you have selected. So we should make it either
lighter/darker/more contrast/perhaps inverse?

> Is it possible to draw the "edges" (left side first picture, right side
> last
> picture of group) differently? Perhaps some rounded rects and or gradients.
> I'm not a designer, I can only say if I like something when I see it, I
> dont
> know how to code what I like in advance ;-)

I'd like to do something like that, to paint one polygon-thing around all of
the outlined images, but that would need some heavy "if-ing", also I'm not
sure if you can tell from one item that is being painted if the next item is
also in the group. But I will investigate this and we'll see.

Thanks for the input!

Marty