[Digikam-devel] Digikam-devel Digest, Vol 58, Issue 95

Aditya Bhatt adityabhatt1991 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 14:25:44 GMT 2010

@K?re

Just a comment about the image size tradeoff.

> I have just updated the automatic image selection on previews in Skanlite
> (actually libksane). What I did was to first do a rough auto selection on a
> resized image ~100 * 150 pixels and then refine the selections on the full-
> sized preview. It improved the speed dramatically and did not decrease the
> accuracy. (actually it removed a lot of false positives)
>
> Just an idea if you needed more :)

Hi, what are you detecting in the image? What are the selections that you
talk of?
( I can't checkout code right now, since the firewall in my college is
something of a joke ATM, it blocks svn://)
I'm not entirely sure what you mean, but thanks anyway :)

Actually what I meant was that when I run multiple cascades (5 or 6) , the
process is very slow. It would be faster if the image is smaller, but
there's of course a limit on how small an image I can make. The sad part is,
I can't resize it to 100*150 pixels and expect good detection accuracy,
because there are supposed to be a lot of faces in a photo and such a tiny
image size will cause a phenomenal loss of information :)

If you can help here, it'd be great :)

Regards,

--
Aditya Bhatt