[Digikam-devel] Updated GSoC Proposal

Michael G. Hansen mike at mghansen.de
Tue Mar 23 19:31:03 GMT 2010

On 03/23/2010 10:11 AM, Aditya Bhatt wrote:
> The face tagging widget will be merged into digiKam. The format of the tags
> to be generated will be decided after some discussions. The face detector
> will decide the region to be tagged, and the recognition part will decide
> the contents of the tag.

During last year's coding sprint, I investigated existing formats to
highlight regions. You can find the document here:

http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/extragear/graphics/digikam/project/ImageAnnotation.odt

Feel free to add to it once you get SVN access ;-)

As for resizing of the images: This would risk making faces too small if
there are lots of people in the image, wouldn't it? Consider a group
photo of people, which may be 3000x2000 pixels, but the individual faces
are only 100x100 pixel. But that is probably a detail that can be found
out later.

Michael