[Digikam-devel] Qt and digiKam

Marcel Wiesweg marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de
Tue Jun 22 21:41:47 BST 2010

> I don't have Qt 4.5 on my system, (KDE 4.4 absolutely needs 4.6) so I can't
> test if it will work with 4.5.

We can instead talk about which KDE releases we support:
4.2 (January 2009)
4.3 (July 2009)
4.4 (February 2010)
4.5 (to be released in August)

4.3 means Qt4.5, 4.4 means Qt4.6.

We need to keep in mind that we already require libkexiv2/libkdcraw from
trunk, I think to be released with 4.5.

For me it's ok to make a cut and depend on KDE4.4 / Qt4.6 for the release
incorporating the GSoC changes. It makes sense to do it now when we have a
real need for new technology provided by Qt4.6. (we can also expect lots of
QGV bugs in Qt4.5).

But Gilles still runs Qt4.5 as we have seen, so he may have a different
opinion.