[Digikam-devel] Qt and digiKam

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 22:44:39 BST 2010

2010/6/22 Marcel Wiesweg <marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de>:

>> I don't have Qt 4.5 on my system, (KDE 4.4 absolutely needs 4.6) so I can't
>> test if it will work with 4.5.
>
> We can instead talk about which KDE releases we support:
> 4.2 (January 2009)
> 4.3 (July 2009)
> 4.4 (February 2010)
> 4.5 (to be released in August)
>
> 4.3 means Qt4.5, 4.4 means Qt4.6.
>
> We need to keep in mind that we already require libkexiv2/libkdcraw from
> trunk, I think to be released with 4.5.
>
> For me it's ok to make a cut and depend on KDE4.4 / Qt4.6 for the release
> incorporating the GSoC changes. It makes sense to do it now when we have a
> real need for new technology provided by Qt4.6. (we can also expect lots of
> QGV bugs in Qt4.5).
>
> But Gilles still runs Qt4.5 as we have seen, so he may have a different
> opinion.

well, i still in QT 4.5, because i still in Mandriva 2010.0 stable
which is based on. I'm waiting Mandriva 2010.1 which is based on Qt
4.6 and will be released soon.

Anyway, i can test this code under Windows (Yes :=))), because it's
based on Qt 4.6...

So it's fine for me to break Qt 4.5 compatibility there. But, Cmake
script must be changed somewhere to said Qt 4.6 dependency.

README files need to be changed too.