[Digikam-devel] Re: Windows and Linux Frontend using the same database

Marcel Wiesweg marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de
Sun Dec 19 15:10:24 GMT 2010

> I have one database and three frontends. Frontend#2 is on Windows.
> Therefore I have two entries in AlbumRoots:
> 4 fotos 0 3 networkshareid:?mountpath=%2Fmnt%2Fraid%2Ffotos /
> 5 fotos 0 3 networkshareid:?mountpath=Y:%2F /

The solution would be to have a common identifier for the network share on
Windows and Linux. After all, it's the same directory. But there is no such
solution implemented at the moment. I'm not a Windows developer. On Unix it
would be easy to adjust mount paths, but on Windows there's probably a
problem.