[Digikam-devel] Collaboration with Kdenlive video editor: need some advice

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 10:25:30 BST 2009

Le 8 juillet 2009 11:08, Jean-Michel Pouré<jm at poure.com> a écrit :
> Le mercredi 08 juillet 2009 à 10:58 +0200, Gilles Caulier a écrit :
>> This depand of your wishes for MLT and kdenlive.
>>
>> libdigikamcore.la depand of a lots of external components, as Qt4,
>> KDE4, Exiv2, etc...
>>
>> If you want only use levels tool code in kdenlive, it will be too much
>> for you.
>>
>> This shared lib is huge and can be long to load in a external program.
>>
>> Note : Another image processing library to check is CImg.
>
> Could we study the ability to share some tools between MLT, Kdenlive and
> Digikam with limited dependencies?

No, without to break digiKam core implementation.

In fact, if you know digiKam, we have already showfoto program (stand
alone version of image editor) which work like this.

A plugin mechanism is used to load tool in editor and edit image.

In a first time, why not to make a digiKam plugins loader in kdenlive.
This not very complicated and can be enough to test. Of course to make
it in production, a better sharing of code need to be done (plugins
loader library for ex.)

Look digiKam plugins manager code here :

http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/extragear/graphics/digikam/utilities/imageeditor/canvas/imagepluginloader.cpp?revision=982741&view=markup

In editor plugins are loaded here :

http://lxr.kde.org/source/extragear/graphics/digikam/utilities/imageeditor/editor/editorwindow.cpp#748

> This involves some work but this is to avoid creating duplicate tools.
>
> I think of :
>
> Color curves
> Exposure: White Balance
> Color: White Balance
> Black and white points: White Balance or Adjust Levels
> Contrast: Adjust Curves
> Saturation: White Balance or Vivid or Hue/Saturation/Lightness
> Resizing (interpolation) : Change Size
> Sharpening
> Etc ...
>
> All processes common to video and image editing.

ok. but all digiKam code/tool only play with one frame, not a series as a video.