[Digikam-devel] Collaboration with Kdenlive video editor: need some advice

Jean-Michel Pouré jm at poure.com
Wed Jul 8 10:08:32 BST 2009

Le mercredi 08 juillet 2009 à 10:58 +0200, Gilles Caulier a écrit :
> This depand of your wishes for MLT and kdenlive.
>
> libdigikamcore.la depand of a lots of external components, as Qt4,
> KDE4, Exiv2, etc...
>
> If you want only use levels tool code in kdenlive, it will be too much
> for you.
>
> This shared lib is huge and can be long to load in a external program.
>
> Note : Another image processing library to check is CImg.

Could we study the ability to share some tools between MLT, Kdenlive and
Digikam with limited dependencies?

This involves some work but this is to avoid creating duplicate tools.

I think of :

Color curves
Exposure: White Balance
Color: White Balance
Black and white points: White Balance or Adjust Levels
Contrast: Adjust Curves
Saturation: White Balance or Vivid or Hue/Saturation/Lightness
Resizing (interpolation) : Change Size
Sharpening
Etc ...

All processes common to video and image editing.

Kind regards,
Jean-Michel