[Digikam-devel] Collaboration with Kdenlive video editor: need some advice

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 09:58:16 BST 2009

Le 8 juillet 2009 10:45, Jean-Michel Pouré<jm at poure.com> a écrit :
> Le mercredi 08 juillet 2009 à 10:29 +0200, Gilles Caulier a écrit :
>> Why not.
>>
>> But this will require a shared lib somewhere in kdegraphics. Also,
>> migrating kdenlive code to kde-extragear part will reduce puzzle to
>> developpers/users/packagers.
>
> Reading your email, do you think we could rely entirely on digikam for
> image processing, both at MLT (libraries) and Kdenlive (gui) levels? It
> would suit me very well and would add more exposure to both projects.
> What do you think?

This depand of your wishes for MLT and kdenlive.

libdigikamcore.la depand of a lots of external components, as Qt4,
KDE4, Exiv2, etc...

If you want only use levels tool code in kdenlive, it will be too much for you.

This shared lib is huge and can be long to load in a external program.

Note : Another image processing library to check is CImg.