[Digikam-devel] Providing AdobeRGB and other default profiles

sean darcy seandarcy2 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 15:19:03 BST 2009

Marcel Wiesweg wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we are currently using profiles that ship with libkdcraw as builtin profiles.
> There was a serious problem because the sRGB included was not the real sRGB
> (whitepoint D50). This is fixes now. The current sRGB is identical to the one
> distributed by Adobe (if someone copied it from there - I dont want to know).

So if we don't choose a profile, the default profile is identical to
Adobe sRGB?

> Now there is the same problem with the Adobe profile in libkdcraw: It is not
> Adobe RGB (1998). In fact, there is only one profile that may be named as
> such, which is distributed by Adobe and cannot be bundled by us.
> I suggest to
> 1) Bundle the "compatible with Adobe RGB (1998)" profile that comes with
> Oyranos under a liberal license with libkdcraw and digikam
> 2) If we find the original Adobe profile installed on the system, use this.

You've replaced the present profile called Adobe sRGB with the sRGB
profile from Oyranos. Is this Oyranos profile different from the default
profile above?

BTW, thanks for all this work sorting out the color management issues.
And if I could put in a plug for my favorite bug: 165650. It makes
printing with outside services a real pain.

sean