[Digikam-devel] Providing AdobeRGB and other default profiles

Marcel Wiesweg marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de
Sat Aug 22 14:51:57 BST 2009

Hi,

we are currently using profiles that ship with libkdcraw as builtin profiles.
There was a serious problem because the sRGB included was not the real sRGB
(whitepoint D50). This is fixes now. The current sRGB is identical to the one
distributed by Adobe (if someone copied it from there - I dont want to know).

Now there is the same problem with the Adobe profile in libkdcraw: It is not
Adobe RGB (1998). In fact, there is only one profile that may be named as
such, which is distributed by Adobe and cannot be bundled by us.
I suggest to
1) Bundle the "compatible with Adobe RGB (1998)" profile that comes with
Oyranos under a liberal license with libkdcraw and digikam
2) If we find the original Adobe profile installed on the system, use this.

The AppleRGB file from libkdcraw also has a wrong whitepoint, but we dont
really need it. I will remove it from our default profiles.
The ProPhoto/ROMM profile and the WideGamut profile do have the correct
whitepoint, I think we can live with them for now.

Marcel