[Digikam-devel] digiKam and Showfoto 0.11 splash-screen contest : time to choose !

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Sat Apr 11 22:02:10 BST 2009

2009/4/11 Andi Clemens <andi.clemens at gmx.net>:
> Gilles,
>
> I guess we need some transparent background for the status message when we use
> the image of the peacock. The text will not be readable. We had this before
> with the splash for 0.9.4.
>
> For showFoto this would be nice:
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/digikam/3400037784/

Colors and readability are fine, but there is no lead subject (as
insect, or water drop for ex.)

> Although this here (http://www.flickr.com/photos/digikam/3423959084/) is funny
> because it basically has the showfoto logo in it :-)

yes. this one is great but readability of image is inverted.

We read from to left to right, and eyes will be stopped by subject.

It must be flip vertically and horizontally. Like this stairs will
start by slogan.

+1

> digiKam: http://www.flickr.com/photos/digikam/3401775414/

This image is too simple for me. where is lead subject ?