[Digikam-devel] digiKam and Showfoto 0.11 splash-screen contest : time to choose !

Andi Clemens andi.clemens at gmx.net
Sun Apr 12 08:13:41 BST 2009

On Saturday 11 April 2009 23:02:10 Gilles Caulier wrote:
> 2009/4/11 Andi Clemens <andi.clemens at gmx.net>:
> > Gilles,
> >
> > I guess we need some transparent background for the status message when
> > we use the image of the peacock. The text will not be readable. We had
> > this before with the splash for 0.9.4.
> >
> > For showFoto this would be nice:
> > http://www.flickr.com/photos/digikam/3400037784/
>
> Colors and readability are fine, but there is no lead subject (as
> insect, or water drop for ex.)

The older splashscreen didn't have a lead object sometimes.
I just choose images from this blog entry because I thought any of these would
be ok (they have already been filtered)...

But still I guess the peacock one needs some black, transparent bar behind the
status messages, otherwise it would be really hard to read. I had this with
the 0.9.4 splash (the one with the canyon), on my laptop the font was nearly
invisible because the sky was quite white.

Andi