[Digikam-devel] visual indication of active filters?

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Thu Jan 31 07:36:33 GMT 2008

On Thu, 31 Jan 2008, Gilles Caulier wrote:

> 2008/1/31, Arnd Baecker <arnd.baecker at web.de>:
> >
> > On Wed, 30 Jan 2008, Gilles Caulier wrote:
> > > 2008/1/30, Gerhard Kulzer <gerhardkgmx at gmail.com>:
> > [...]
> > >
> > > And use light green when all icon view filters are inactive ?
> >
> > I would think that no color makes it even clearer that no
> > filter is active. I.e. we get a stronger contrast between
> > greyed out  and  orange.
> >
> > Best, Arnd
> >

> Hum, try commit  #769006. Now LED colors are :
>
> - light green when filter settings are inactive (default values ==> icon
> view contents not filtered)
> - light orange when something is active in filter settings.
>
> Nota : Right click over the LED reset filter settings to default (become
> inactive)
>
> Let's me hear if all is better for you. If yes, i will backport code to KDE4
> as well...

Hm, visually the green is much stronger than the light-orange to me,
so this even more easy to miss. Why not red ;-)?

> "If this light is orange, something is active in filter settings. "
    --> "... in the filter settings."
  or maybe:
    ""If this light is orange, filtering is active." ?
> "If this light is green, nothing is filtered. "
> "Clic over with right mouse button to reset all filters."

- Clic -> Click
- Left mouse does also work (why right mouse??)
  --> "Click to reset all filters." ?

What about tag-filters ;-) ?

Best, Arnd