[Digikam-devel] visual indication of active filters?

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 07:21:05 GMT 2008

2008/1/31, Arnd Baecker <arnd.baecker at web.de>:

> On Wed, 30 Jan 2008, Gilles Caulier wrote:
> > 2008/1/30, Gerhard Kulzer <gerhardkgmx at gmail.com>:
> [...]
> > > I would propose to change the LED to orange when one changes the view,
> > > just as
> > > a reminder that a filter is on.
> >
> > And use light green when all icon view filters are inactive ?
>
> I would think that no color makes it even clearer that no
> filter is active. I.e. we get a stronger contrast between
> greyed out  and  orange.
>
> Best, Arnd

Hum, try commit  #769006. Now LED colors are :

- light green when filter settings are inactive (default values ==> icon
view contents not filtered)
- light orange when something is active in filter settings.

Nota : Right click over the LED reset filter settings to default (become
inactive)

Let's me hear if all is better for you. If yes, i will backport code to KDE4
as well...