[Digikam-devel] Weird digikam_KDE3 bug

Andi Clemens andi.clemens at gmx.net
Sat Dec 13 10:32:55 GMT 2008

Hi,

I just discovered a weird bug with the KDE3 version of digiKam.
I have two different databases (album root paths) and was able to switch
between perfectly in the past. But now digiKam hangs when switching.
The splashscreen shows "Updating items without a date" and that's it.

The weird part comes now: I can't kill it. All kioslaves refuse to die,
digiKam refuses to kill, even as root. I need to restart the whole system!

Switching to INIT1 doesn't help either. When shutting down, INIT sends KILL to
all remaining processes, even this doesn't work. It hangs!! At this moment I
turn off power because most of the data should be written from RAM to disk.

What is that? I've never seen that you are not able to kill a process, at
least root always was able to do that.

Unfortunately there are no backtraces, debug messages etc that would help.

Can anyone confirm this?
If so, this is a serious probelm!!

Andi