[Digikam-devel] [Proposed solution] zoom factor error

Julien Narboux Julien at narboux.fr
Mon Aug 4 07:28:08 BST 2008

Unai Garro a écrit :
> I've done (still baking it) a small hack to show the zoom numbers in the
> main view, always referred to the real image size (not the previewed
> size). By default digikam uses preview images, and showing smaller
> images than the actual ones at 100% confuses the user (or at least
> confuses me). for more info, I provided some screenshots here:
> http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/digikam-devel/2008-August/020456.html
>
> If the image zoom is larger than 1.0, ie, if it's larger than the
> preview size, it also shows the label "magnified".  Then the user knows
> he's not seeing the real image quality
>
> Thus, if you enable showing scaled down images, and then select 100%,
> you'll see the preview image same size as the orignal image, but a label
> saying "magnified" will let you know there's a zooming going on, and
> thus there's quality diminishing.  The label dissappears if the zoom
> level is reduced. The next screenshot shows how it works:
> http://www.ugarro.com/tmp/proposedSolution.png
>

> Please let me know if you like the way of fixing or not.

Hi,

I agree it would be nice to display the percentage relative to the
original image. In addition, it would be even better to load the
original image on the fly when the user selects a zoom factor which
makes the image larger than the preview. It would be less confusing for
the user than the "magnified" label. I think if someone zoom in, it
means he wants to see the real image quality.

Best wishes,

Julien