[Digikam-devel] maximal Thumbnail size

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Fri May 4 18:46:20 BST 2007

Sebastian,

I'm not agree with this patch. Why ? Because, supporting thumbnails largest
than 256 will consume a lot of memory in pixmap cache manager and will
slowdown digiKam.

Also, the thumnails size is standardized by freedesktop.org to be compatible
between KDE, Gnome, etc. The max size is 256. The thumbs cache is saved on
your hdd in your home directory and is shared by other applications.

To have a largest view of pictures, are you tried the preview mode (F3) ?

Gilles Caulier