[Digikam-devel] maximal Thumbnail size

Sebastian Bothe mail at sbothe.de
Fri May 4 19:25:04 BST 2007

Hello Gilles,

  thank you very much for your fast reply. I didn't know there is any
convention about thumb sizes and of course I don't want to brake it -
actually the patch I handed in does not change the defaults in
thumbnailsize.h it just uses the values given there at other places were the
max size is hardcoded in current svn.
  I'm using a 1600x1200er widescreen display and I like having two/three
thumbs in a row, so 256px are some kind of small ;-) This makes comparisons
between similar pictures more easy. Perhaps the new lighttable will be a
better way to do in future..
  Would you agree to use the sizes values from thumbnailsize.h and perhaps
hint for the restriction to max size of 256px there?

Sebastian