[Digikam-devel] merging DigikamImagePlugins to digiKam... Menus cleanup

Gerhard Kulzer gerhard at kulzer.net
Mon Mar 26 20:32:11 BST 2007

Am Monday 26 March 2007 schrieb Mikolaj Machowski:
> Dnia poniedzia³ek 26 marzec 2007, Gerhard Kulzer napisa³:
> > Hello Lyn!
> > The latest menu proposal is listed below. Some terms are being discussed
> > right now, and we would like to have your opinion as a native english
> > speaker and usability expert on it:
> >
> > - Fix versus Correct
> > - Filters versus Effects
> > - Tools versus Decoration
> >
> > Coherence between applications: the terms and actions should be
> > recognizable by users changing from other applications to digiKam or who
> > switch between them.
>
> Well, not expert but some remarks:
>
> a) Correct is IMO better as longer - easier to hit with mouse
> b) Filters is more common term (GIMP, Photoshop)
> c) Not sure about wording in other apps but Decoration is better as
>    adding something to image, Tools could suggest changing it and create
>    confusion with Filters/Effects
>
> My 2gr.
>
> m.

After more consideration and rewriting the handbook I tend to your choice:
Correct, Filters, Decoration. I English those terms seem rather clear except
for filters which has a technical legacy.
In French we do not know the verb 'correct', it's an adjective, but in English
it is foremostly a verb as 'corriger'.

Gerhard

--
Hakuna matata