[Digikam-devel] merging DigikamImagePlugins to digiKam... Menus cleanup

Mikolaj Machowski mikmach at wp.pl
Mon Mar 26 20:24:28 BST 2007

Dnia poniedziaƂek 26 marzec 2007, Gerhard Kulzer napisaƂ:
> Hello Lyn!
> The latest menu proposal is listed below. Some terms are being discussed
> right now, and we would like to have your opinion as a native english
> speaker and usability expert on it:
>
> - Fix versus Correct
> - Filters versus Effects
> - Tools versus Decoration
>
> Coherence between applications: the terms and actions should be
> recognizable by users changing from other applications to digiKam or who
> switch between them.

Well, not expert but some remarks:

a) Correct is IMO better as longer - easier to hit with mouse
b) Filters is more common term (GIMP, Photoshop)
c) Not sure about wording in other apps but Decoration is better as
   adding something to image, Tools could suggest changing it and create
   confusion with Filters/Effects

My 2gr.

m.