[Digikam-devel] digikam 0.9.2 freshmeat and linuxfr

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 12:09:42 BST 2007

2007/6/27, Arnd Baecker <arnd.baecker at web.de>:

    On Wed, 27 Jun 2007, Fabien wrote:
    > Gilles Caulier wrote:
    [...]
    > > The Wiki question from fred is an important and redondant question.
All
    > > major opensource project has an user wiki.
    >
    > Yes, I agree. And we already spoke about that a few months ago.
    >

    > > This point has already discuted in this room. a wiki hosted in
    > > digikam.org <http://digikam.org> will be the hell to drive. A good
    > > alternative is to use kde.org <http://kde.org> wiki :
    > >
    > > http://wiki.kde.org/tiki-index.php?page=Digikam
    > >
    > > I think we most promote this site as well everywhere... Your
viepoints ?
    > I just check that there's now an anti-bot system. So, we can hope
there
    > won't be too much spam on it.
    > So, let's advertise !

    hmm, shouldn't there be at least a little bit of structure
    before advertising?

of course... else the wiki will be unreadable...

    Otherwise it seems likely that it will grow wildly, from the start.
    Maybe one additional level, like

    General information:
      - link to documentation
      - handbook
      - homepage
      - etc.

    Topics in this wiki:
    - Managing images
    - Editing images
    - Geolocalization (GPS)
    - Tips, tricks and scripts

Why not..

    And then there is the unsolved question,
    how/when/if to transfer wiki contents into the the contents
    at digikam.org and the excellent handbook!

    Just my 0.5 cent,

I recommend to post a message in digikam-user ML and a blog entry about this
subject.

#digikam IRC channel can be dedicaced for help users who want contribute to
wiki contents in live

This is not a problem for developpers, because we have another IRC channel
for that : #digikam-devel (not yet used, but created a few years ago by Tom)