[Digikam-devel] digikam 0.9.2 freshmeat and linuxfr

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Wed Jun 27 11:38:31 BST 2007

On Wed, 27 Jun 2007, Fabien wrote:
> Gilles Caulier wrote:
[...]
> > The Wiki question from fred is an important and redondant question. All
> > major opensource project has an user wiki.
>
> Yes, I agree. And we already spoke about that a few months ago.
>

> > This point has already discuted in this room. a wiki hosted in
> > digikam.org <http://digikam.org> will be the hell to drive. A good
> > alternative is to use kde.org <http://kde.org> wiki :
> >
> > http://wiki.kde.org/tiki-index.php?page=Digikam
> >
> > I think we most promote this site as well everywhere... Your viepoints ?
> I just check that there's now an anti-bot system. So, we can hope there
> won't be too much spam on it.
> So, let's advertise !

hmm, shouldn't there be at least a little bit of structure
before advertising?
Otherwise it seems likely that it will grow wildly, from the start.
Maybe one additional level, like

General information:
  - link to documentation
  - handbook
  - homepage
  - etc.

Topics in this wiki:
- Managing images
- Editing images
- Geolocalization (GPS)
- Tips, tricks and scripts

And then there is the unsolved question,
how/when/if to transfer wiki contents into the the contents
at digikam.org and the excellent handbook!

Just my 0.5 cent,

Arnd