[Digikam-devel] port of digiKam core to new libkexiv2...

Luka Renko lure at kubuntu.org
Mon Jan 29 22:03:42 GMT 2007

On Monday 29. of January 2007 15:39:14 Caulier Gilles wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have ported digiKam core to new libkexiv2. There is a patch to test at
> this url :
>
> http://digikam3rdparty.free.fr/misc.tarballs/digikam_libkexiv2_port.patch

I have tried it and it looks OK.

> The patch must be applied against svn implementation. It include :
>
> - the automake & co libkexiv2 detection and compilation envirroment set.

BTW, do we still need exiv2 build dependancy for digikam (now that code has
moved to libkexiv2)?

> Note : All recent fix from Marcel about Comments encoding have been
> backported in libkexiv2. I have checked _all_ methods one by one to see if
> nothing have been forget during this port (one day of work ==> tired ==>
> let's go to bed (:=)))...

It probably makes sense if Marcel reviews that part...

> Let's me hear your report and if all is fine to commit on svn for next
> 0.9.1 release...

The only concern with having this in 0.9.1 is that we should be sure that
libkexiv2 API is as stable as possible (to prevent change soon after initial
release) as it makes it harder for distributions to include additional
dependancies.

Regards,
Luka