[Digikam-devel] port of digiKam core to new libkexiv2...

Caulier Gilles caulier.gilles at kdemail.net
Tue Jan 30 06:33:08 GMT 2007

Le lundi 29 janvier 2007 23:03, Luka Renko a écrit :
> On Monday 29. of January 2007 15:39:14 Caulier Gilles wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I have ported digiKam core to new libkexiv2. There is a patch to test at
> > this url :
> >
> > http://digikam3rdparty.free.fr/misc.tarballs/digikam_libkexiv2_port.patch
>
> I have tried it and it looks OK.
>
> > The patch must be applied against svn implementation. It include :
> >
> > - the automake & co libkexiv2 detection and compilation envirroment set.
>
> BTW, do we still need exiv2 build dependancy for digikam (now that code has
> moved to libkexiv2)?

yes because some others part need to be polished in digiKAm core. For example,
all metadata widgets use Exiv2 directly. This can be fixed later...

> > Note : All recent fix from Marcel about Comments encoding have been
> > backported in libkexiv2. I have checked _all_ methods one by one to see
> > if nothing have been forget during this port (one day of work ==> tired
> > ==> let's go to bed (:=)))...
>
> It probably makes sense if Marcel reviews that part...
>
> > Let's me hear your report and if all is fine to commit on svn for next
> > 0.9.1 release...
>
> The only concern with having this in 0.9.1 is that we should be sure that
> libkexiv2 API is as stable as possible (to prevent change soon after
> initial release) as it makes it harder for distributions to include
> additional dependancies.

Yes, and this is the case actually because the API is the same than old
Kipi-plugins::Exiv2Iface and Digikam::DMetadata with are used in both
projects. The API is already polished by the digiKam and kipi-plugins recents
stable releases. During the merging code with both implementation, i don't
have changed somethings in methods calling implmentation.