[Digikam-devel] new requirement libjpeg.la?

Gerhard Kulzer gerhard at kulzer.net
Wed Feb 14 11:58:23 GMT 2007

Am Tuesday 13 February 2007 schrieb Klaus Weidenbach:
> Hello,
>
> sorry for the late reply, but I tested bit around the last day. I can
> compile digikam 0.9, but not 0.9.1-beta1. It breaks with the error I posted
> before about missing libjpeg.la
>
> > Well, # ldd /usr/bin/digikam|grep libjpeg
> >         libjpeg.so.62 => /usr/lib/libjpeg.so.62
> >
> > So I guess the .la file is needed for compilation. I don't know for sure,
> > but it would surprise me if this was a new dependency, it's such an
> > essential library.
>
> The installed digikam 0.9 links to libjpeg.so.62, without existing
> libjpeg.la on my Slackware system.
> ldd /opt/kde/bin/digikam | grep libjpeg
>         libjpeg.so.62 => /usr/lib/libjpeg.so.62 (0xb6616000)
>
> So it seems there has changed something how digikam compiles?
> Thank you very much.

Well if the library exists on your system (locate -e libjpeg.so.62), which
seems to be the case, the only error (I can imagine) possible is then the
paths variables that don't find it. Can you check the Makefile and
Makefile.in of the relevant sub-directory?

Gerhard

--
Hakuna matata
http://www.gerhard.fr