[Digikam-devel] new requirement libjpeg.la?

Klaus Weidenbach Klaus.Weidenbach at gmx.net
Tue Feb 13 16:22:24 GMT 2007

Hello,

sorry for the late reply, but I tested bit around the last day. I can compile
digikam 0.9, but not 0.9.1-beta1. It breaks with the error I posted before
about missing libjpeg.la

> Well, # ldd /usr/bin/digikam|grep libjpeg
>         libjpeg.so.62 => /usr/lib/libjpeg.so.62
>
> So I guess the .la file is needed for compilation. I don't know for sure,
> but it would surprise me if this was a new dependency, it's such an
> essential library.

The installed digikam 0.9 links to libjpeg.so.62, without existing libjpeg.la
on my Slackware system.
ldd /opt/kde/bin/digikam | grep libjpeg
        libjpeg.so.62 => /usr/lib/libjpeg.so.62 (0xb6616000)

So it seems there has changed something how digikam compiles?
Thank you very much.

--
take care!

xo,klaus