[Digikam-devel] "take a tour" movies about 0.9.0 release...

Patrick Aljord patcito at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 01:27:01 BST 2006

On 7/8/06, Caulier Gilles <caulier.gilles at kdemail.net> wrote:
> Le Vendredi 7 Juillet 2006 23:11, Patrick Aljord a écrit :
> > On 7/6/06, Gilles Caulier <caulier.gilles at kdemail.net> wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > To prepare next 0.9.0-beta1 release announce (planed with Achim during
> > > July), I think that we need some take a tour screen movies to present new
> > > digiKam features.
> > >
> > > In my free.fr web space, i have 10Gb available now. We can create some
> > > MPEG4 movies running digiKam and store it to free.fr.
> > >
> > > New feature to present are :
> > >
> > > - Metadata support
> > > - Color management support
> > > - RAW files support.
> > > - New design of image plugins.
> > > etc...
> >
> > Im gonna give it a try but it will be in Ogg Theora. Is that OK?
>
> And if you can write a little notice to do it. I have tried with xvidcap under
> Mandriva 2006 without success. If you have a better solution, let's me hear
> (i'm curious (:=)))...
>
> My time is limited outside to maintain source code. This is why i have posted
> a message to this ML because it a non-developper task.
>
> Gilles
I havnt started yet cause I have no internet connection and when I
arrived home I realized I was missing some dependency so Im
downloading them right now. For the info, Im gonna use istanbul, you
can find tutorials on ubuntu and gnome site i think.

http://live.gnome.org/Istanbul
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ScreenCasting

there is also byzanz
(http://www.advogato.org/person/company/diary.html?start=18) which is
the same as istanbul but output gif instead of theora, it looks good
too. Im gonna try both.

cheers

Pat