[Digikam-devel] "take a tour" movies about 0.9.0 release...

Caulier Gilles caulier.gilles at kdemail.net
Tue Jul 11 08:20:37 BST 2006

Le Lundi 10 Juillet 2006 02:27 AM, Patrick Aljord a écrit :
> On 7/8/06, Caulier Gilles <caulier.gilles at kdemail.net> wrote:

> > > Im gonna give it a try but it will be in Ogg Theora. Is that OK?
> >
> > And if you can write a little notice to do it. I have tried with xvidcap
> > under Mandriva 2006 without success. If you have a better solution, let's
> > me hear (i'm curious (:=)))...
> >
> > My time is limited outside to maintain source code. This is why i have
> > posted a message to this ML because it a non-developper task.
> >
> > Gilles
>
> I havnt started yet cause I have no internet connection and when I
> arrived home I realized I was missing some dependency so Im
> downloading them right now. For the info, Im gonna use istanbul, you
> can find tutorials on ubuntu and gnome site i think.
>
> http://live.gnome.org/Istanbul
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ScreenCasting
>
> there is also byzanz
> (http://www.advogato.org/person/company/diary.html?start=18) which is
> the same as istanbul but output gif instead of theora, it looks good
> too. Im gonna try both.
>
> cheers
>
> Pat

Ok Pat, I will take a look...

I have tested Wink (http://www.debugmode.com/wink) suggested by Maxime. The
Flash ouput run very well and the application is simple to use.

Take your time to make your movies. I'm go to my Family near to mediteraneen
sea. I don't have a speedup internet connection (RTC only). I will back at
home Friday or saturday.

Thanks in advance for your help