[Digikam-devel] digikamimaplugins release stuff

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at kdemail.net
Wed Feb 15 10:20:19 GMT 2006

Le Mercredi 15 Février 2006 10:47, Sebastian Röder a écrit :
> Hi Gilles,
>
> sorry for the late reply, the last issue of the digikam-devel somehow
> slipped in my mailbox unseen.

(:=))). No problem...

> > > I thought now somebody should grep the
> > > tarball and announcement I provided and put it on the homepage to
> > > finaly do the release.
> >
> > yes. Can you re-send me the tarball url to upload it on sf.net ?
>
> Here it is:
> http://wwwhomes.uni-bielefeld.de/sroeder/digikamimageplugins-0.8.1.tar.bz2
>
> (I will delete the fill after the release so that my university doesn't
> complain about high traffic.)

Uploaded in sf.net area :

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=42641&package_id=132740

> > About the announce, you can do it. I will update web pages later.
>
> Here is what I already send to the ML ealier in case you missed it. So I
> WROTE the announce but I am not sure whether this is what you mean by DO
> the announce. Announcing for me is putting this text

no, you need to send an email to appropriate box, like this :

http://lwn.net/Articles/162736/

In this case, just digikamimageplugins must be reffered...

The box are :

- kde-announce at kde.org
- kde-extra-gear at kde.org
- digikam-users at kde.org
- digikam-devel at kde.org

> on the webpages - and
> you allready said that you will do this later.

can you put a new "news" entry in www.digikam.org about this release ? Have
you an account to edit web project page ?

Personally, I will update kde-apps.org page :

http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=16082

And that all...

> P.S. Tried out ACDSEE Pro 8 on WinXP and I have to say the digikam performs
> quite well in comparison - keep on the great work!

Witch features are better ? What is missing in digikam, especially to edit
image. I have tested the red eyes correction tool from ACDSEE, and it's
better than digiKam. Since i have ported the current red eyes correction tool
to DImg (16 bits image supported), i can study to improve it for the future.

Have you full copy of this program somewhere to test ? (6.0 only here). It's
work fine in wine ?