[Digikam-devel] digikamimaplugins release stuff

Sebastian Röder sebastian.roeder at uni-bielefeld.de
Wed Feb 15 09:47:11 GMT 2006

Hi Gilles,

sorry for the late reply, the last issue of the digikam-devel somehow slipped
in my mailbox unseen.

> > I thought now somebody should grep the
> > tarball and announcement I provided and put it on the homepage to finaly
> > do the release.
>
> yes. Can you re-send me the tarball url to upload it on sf.net ?

Here it is:
http://wwwhomes.uni-bielefeld.de/sroeder/digikamimageplugins-0.8.1.tar.bz2

(I will delete the fill after the release so that my university doesn't
complain about high traffic.)

> About the announce, you can do it. I will update web pages later.

Here is what I already send to the ML ealier in case you missed it. So I WROTE
the announce but I am not sure whether this is what you mean by DO the
announce. Announcing for me is putting this text on the webpages - and you
allready said that you will do this later. So nothing more for me to do?

The digiKam team is pleased to complete the 0.8.1 digiKam series with the
announcement of the digikamimageplugins-0.8.1 release. Many bugs have been
addressed in this bugfix release and it introduces a fresh iconset for the
imageplugins. We hope this release will further increase your digikam
experience.

0.8.1 changes
        o new iconset contributed by Tung Nguyen
        o bugfix [120736]: imageplugins freeze digikam when changing its
values in
the GUI
        o bugfix [115849]: "load" and "save as" buttons swaped in adjustcurves
plugin
        o bugfix [General]: fixed various memory leaks in imageplugins
        o bugfix [Channel Mixer]: set red channel of the histogram properly
          when reset button is used
        o bugfix [Whitebalance]: fix color gradients color
        o bugfix [General]: various typographical corrections

NOTE: The digikamimageplugins-doc was not updated, please use
digikamimageplugins-doc-0.8.0 together with the new digikamimageplugins-0.8.1
release.

> > Got no email with KDE SVN account data so I can
> > not do the taging/branching, yet. Hope the KDE sysadmins answer soon.
>
> ok I let's you doing taging/branching on svn. If you have no response from
> KDE sysadmins in a near future, let's me hear, i will do it.

No news on this one - still no answer from KDE :-( So feel free to do the
tagging/branching yourself if it's easier for further development - or wait
when it is not important and I will do it later.

So let's get digikamimageplugins out finally :-)

Regards,
Sero

P.S. Tried out ACDSEE Pro 8 on WinXP and I have to say the digikam performs
quite well in comparison - keep on the great work!