[Digikam-devel] digikamimaplugins release stuff

Sebastian Röder sebastian.roeder at uni-bielefeld.de
Thu Feb 16 15:28:02 GMT 2006

Hi Gilles,

> > Here is what I already send to the ML ealier in case you missed it. So I
> > WROTE the announce but I am not sure whether this is what you mean by DO
> > the announce. Announcing for me is putting this text
>
> no, you need to send an email to appropriate box, like this :
>
> http://lwn.net/Articles/162736/
>
> In this case, just digikamimageplugins must be reffered...
>
> The box are :
>
> - kde-announce at kde.org
> - kde-extra-gear at kde.org
> - digikam-users at kde.org
> - digikam-devel at kde.org

DONE! Thanks for the infos.

> can you put a new "news" entry in www.digikam.org about this release ? Have
> you an account to edit web project page ?

I would do it, but I don't have an account for the web page. Dear web admins,
would you please drop me a short mail how we handle this?

> Personally, I will update kde-apps.org page :
> http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=16082
> And that all...

Fine.

> > P.S. Tried out ACDSEE Pro 8 on WinXP and I have to say the digikam
> > performs quite well in comparison - keep on the great work!
>
> Witch features are better ? What is missing in digikam, especially to edit
> image. I have tested the red eyes correction tool from ACDSEE, and it's
> better than digiKam. Since i have ported the current red eyes correction
> tool to DImg (16 bits image supported), i can study to improve it for the
> future.

I have to further investigate in ACDSEE, just had a short "hands on" atm. I
like the digikam GUI more cause it is cleaner and there is nothing "in your
way". And I could not find a killer feature that outperforms  digikam - yes
the redeye reduction IS better in ACDSEE, but that might be inproved in
digikam later. I was exspecialy hoping for lossless jpg crop and must admit
that it is not implemented in ADCSEE.

Will test the export options in ACDSEE later, cause there is much room for
improvement in digikam IMHO (or kipi better to say).

Imageplugins preview is much better in digikam but on the other side I like
the very fast access to image correction functions in ACDSEE (toolbar with
dedicated icons for each function instead of complicated menus in digikam
IE).

That's my first impressions so far.

> Have you full copy of this program somewhere to test ? (6.0 only here).
> It's work fine in wine ?

I use the test version from there homepage:
http://fr.acdsystems.com/ (french version ;-))

It needs an email registration ...

Regards,
Sero