[Digikam-devel] HAL and digikam download and detect does not work as expected

Oliver Dörr oliver at doerr-privat.de
Sun Aug 6 22:45:25 BST 2006

Marcel Wiesweg wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> i just upgraded my KDE from 3.4.2 to 3.5.4. digikam is on 0.9 beta. I'll
>> get a dialog where i could select digikam detect and download, when  i
>> connect my camera Canon Powershot A80 to my computer and power it on.
>> (Great).
>>
>> Sadly the next window thjat appears is a Error - KIOExec
>> File or folder / does not exists   (translated from german).
>>
>> Starting digiKam and using the libgphoto driver works as expected.
>>

> If the media support finds a gphoto2 camera, it is supposed to use the
> digikam-gphoto2-camera.desktop service.
> (/usr/kde/3.5/share/apps/konqueror/servicemenus/)

ok, I'll just checked all
/opt/kde3/share/apps/konqueror/servicemenus/digikam-*. Only the gphoto
related one has the name "digiKam Detect and Download". As i could see
this one after connecting my camera, i'll suppose this works as
expected. Even changing the name, lets the change appear on my desktop
> This one will call "digikam-camera detect"
> /usr/kde/3.5/share/apps/digikam/utils/digikam-camera detect
> which start digikam with the --detect-camera option, if it does not yet run.

hmmm, /opt/kde3/share/apps/digikam/utils/digikam-camera detect works
also as expected and starts digiKam and connects to the camera...

So the question is, why that does not work automatically the right way....

or other way around... What is he starting?

Any ideas?
Oliver