[Digikam-devel] HAL and digikam download and detect does not work as expected

Marcel Wiesweg marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de
Mon Aug 7 22:05:37 BST 2006

> ok, I'll just checked all
> /opt/kde3/share/apps/konqueror/servicemenus/digikam-*. Only the gphoto
> related one has the name "digiKam Detect and Download". As i could see
> this one after connecting my camera, i'll suppose this works as
> expected. Even changing the name, lets the change appear on my desktop
>
> > This one will call "digikam-camera detect"
> > /usr/kde/3.5/share/apps/digikam/utils/digikam-camera detect
> > which start digikam with the --detect-camera option, if it does not yet
> > run.
>
> hmmm, /opt/kde3/share/apps/digikam/utils/digikam-camera detect works
> also as expected and starts digiKam and connects to the camera...
>
> So the question is, why that does not work automatically the right way....
>
> or other way around... What is he starting?

One idea, the other two desktop files contain a "%u" in their exec string. I
have a faint memory there was some problem with this at a time, but I don't
know any more. What happens if media:/ wants to call the service with an URL
argument? Is a "%u" required?
How the KDE media support works internally is unfortunately a great mystery to
me, I don't know where to look.

Marcel