[Digikam-devel] HAL and digikam download and detect does not work as expected

Marcel Wiesweg marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de
Sun Aug 6 22:06:56 BST 2006

> Hi,
>
> i just upgraded my KDE from 3.4.2 to 3.5.4. digikam is on 0.9 beta. I'll
> get a dialog where i could select digikam detect and download, when  i
> connect my camera Canon Powershot A80 to my computer and power it on.
> (Great).
>
> Sadly the next window thjat appears is a Error - KIOExec
> File or folder / does not exists   (translated from german).
>
> Starting digiKam and using the libgphoto driver works as expected.

If the media support finds a gphoto2 camera, it is supposed to use the
digikam-gphoto2-camera.desktop service.
(/usr/kde/3.5/share/apps/konqueror/servicemenus/)

This one will call "digikam-camera detect"
/usr/kde/3.5/share/apps/digikam/utils/digikam-camera detect
which start digikam with the --detect-camera option, if it does not yet run.

You can try if any of this works.
Unfortunately, I have no gphoto2 camera so I cannot test it.

Marcel