[Digikam-devel] Include file firstrunUI.h missing, other beginner questions

Caulier Gilles caulier.gilles at kdemail.net
Tue Apr 4 20:18:52 BST 2006

Le Mardi 04 Avril 2006 09:13 PM, Peter Heckert a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> A question:
>
> I deleted my whole source tree and I sucked a completely fresh working
> copy for digikam 0.9.0, using these instructions:
>
> svn co -N svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/extragear/graphics
> cd graphics
> svn up digikam
> svn up digikamimageplugins
> svn co svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/branches/KDE/3.5/kde-common/admin
>
> When I build the digikam project in kdevelop, I get this error:
>
> digikamfirstrun.cpp:64:24: error: firstrunUI.h: No such file or directory
>
> The file is really missing and "svn up digikam" doesnt recover it.
> It should do this, shouldnt it?
> So I believe, the file is missing in svn's database?
>
> I did the same thing yesterday with success, but today no luck.

No. firstrunUI.h is a temp source file generated by Qt moc pre-compiler. On
any linux box (like Mandriva for example !!!), i have the same error.

I have tried to solve this problem accordinly with Mandriva team... but
without success. This problem is very wierd...

To solve it, just going into digikam/digikam folder, i start "make
firstrunUI.moc". all temp source code generated by moc program will be done.
You can compile all digikam after that. Later, nothing will be done on
firstrunUI...

moc compiler is used to build GUI from xml file genrated by QtDesigner
program. I hate it. I prefert build GUI from scratch because it's very easy
to make gui/layout/widget using Qt API.

When i will more free time, i will rewrite this firstrunUI part from scratch
(:=)))...

> Another question:
>
> Need I special compiler settings, when I want to debug?
> I use the project configuration "default" in kdevelop and this
> has the configure argument "--enable-debug=full". Is this enough to do
> source code level debugging (singlestep and so on)?

yes, it's enough. I'm working like this everytime.

> I tried yesterday, but had no sucess, maybe I hosed somthing up, I am a
> very newbee ;-)
>
> Another question:
>
> Is it okay, when I post these very basic beginner questions here?

sure (:=)))

> I just want to get started up and I want to write and debug some plugin
> code (the noisereduction plugin) , so I hoped I can do this without
> knowing everything about the whole project and the build system, is this
> reasonable?

Don't forget that to debug a source code, gdb is not enough. You need to use
valgrind program to check memory allocation/using/leak. default settings is
available in HACKING file from svn. Read the valgrind doc before. This tool
is really incredible (:=))).

Friendly