[Digikam-devel] Include file firstrunUI.h missing, other beginner questions

Peter Heckert lists at hphsite.de
Tue Apr 4 20:13:59 BST 2006

Hi,

A question:

I deleted my whole source tree and I sucked a completely fresh working
copy for digikam 0.9.0, using these instructions:

svn co -N svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/extragear/graphics
cd graphics
svn up digikam
svn up digikamimageplugins
svn co svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/branches/KDE/3.5/kde-common/admin

When I build the digikam project in kdevelop, I get this error:

digikamfirstrun.cpp:64:24: error: firstrunUI.h: No such file or directory

The file is really missing and "svn up digikam" doesnt recover it.
It should do this, shouldnt it?
So I believe, the file is missing in svn's database?

I did the same thing yesterday with success, but today no luck.

Another question:

Need I special compiler settings, when I want to debug?
I use the project configuration "default" in kdevelop and this
has the configure argument "--enable-debug=full". Is this enough to do
source code level debugging (singlestep and so on)?

I tried yesterday, but had no sucess, maybe I hosed somthing up, I am a
very newbee ;-)

Another question:

Is it okay, when I post these very basic beginner questions here?

I just want to get started up and I want to write and debug some plugin
code (the noisereduction plugin) , so I hoped I can do this without
knowing everything about the whole project and the build system, is this
reasonable?

peter