[Digikam-devel] Preparing for digikam 0.8

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at free.fr
Sun Sep 11 17:39:30 BST 2005

Le Samedi 10 Septembre 2005 18:16, Tom Albers a écrit :
> Op zaterdag 10 september 2005 11:34, schreef Caulier Gilles:
> > Le Vendredi 9 Septembre 2005 23:45, Joern Ahrens a écrit :
> > > Hey guys,
> > >
> > > in bko are no more reported crashs and the new features for 0.8 are
> > > implemented since weeks now. So I will prepare the schedule plan for
> > > the release.
> >
> > I'm agree.
> >
> > > 1. beta1 -> is done
> > >
> > > 2. rc1 -> next step
> >
> > I prefert beta 2. I'm currently working on handbook...
>
> There has not changed a lot and people seem a bit scary to use beta's, so I
> would prefer to do a somewhat longer rc1 and thereby skipping beta2.
>
> > > 3. rc2 -> if needed
> >
> > and RC before final to froze doc and GUI i18n. Lets 2 weeks (minimum) for
> > translators.
>
> The rc would imply a total freeze, so docbook should be finished.

But, digikam handbook isn't yet completed. I you want release an rc, you need
to wait until this task is completed. In other case, if you want to release
during next week, you can do it like beta2...

> > I need one week to do this task (during beta2 stage)
>
> So we can plan the rc around the 20th?

Not sure. handbook is a long long task, and if i'm alone to do it, i can't
promise to finish at this date. This is why i prefer to release in beta2 in a
near future.