[Digikam-devel] Ping.

Tom Albers toma at kovoks.nl
Fri Sep 2 09:58:08 BST 2005

[again move to -devel]

Joern Ahrens wrote:
> Just curious, Tom, why do you use Mambo for your homepage and at the same time
> you don't seem to be comfortable with Mambo for the digikam homepage?

I just needed an easy place to put up a site, without having to design
one from scratch, including an atom-feed for example. I'm not completely
happy with the backend of my site, I spent ages finding where I can
change certain things, like not having Dutch articles in the atom feed
(which go to planetkde.org), a setting which I still haven't found.

So: I'm not happy with the backend of my website but refuse to invest
time into it to change it and it kind of works, so there is no urgent
need. But if I would start over I would not choose Mambo, although it is
a great concept.

> I think, I'm fine with Mambo, but I don't have the experience with CMSs like
> you do. [...] what will we do now?

Simple. If you and Maxime are comfortable with it, we can switch to
Mambo. I'm not the one who wants to do a lot with the website (because
of my daytime job), so I'll adjust to whatever we choose, as long as I
can write an article that is fine (that is basically all i do on my site
as well atm), I don't have to start a poll or change the rss feed.

So for digiKam I think Mambo is good enough, it does what we want.
Renchi and Gilles do not seem to have an opinion about it, so we might
as well just proceed to moving it into place.

> If there are no objections against Mambo, we can start to install it under a
> test-domain - or is it worth to test drupal, too?

Maxime, did you look at Drupal? Do you have an opinion about it?
www.kde.nl will move from a cvs version to Drupal, so I can give you a
email address of someone you can talk to.

Or do you prefer to proceed with Mambo?

Tom