[Digikam-devel] Color Management plugin??

Thorsten Schnebeck thorsten.schnebeck at gmx.net
Mon Nov 21 21:28:47 GMT 2005

> > Well actually, i'm working on DImage implementation, a new image
> > framework used to load/write images in 8/16 bits/color/pixel. The only
> > way to apply icc/icm profils to an image is with linear 16
> > bits/color/pixel PPM image generated by dcraw to read RAW image files.
>
> Yes, I know about this (I've read some posts about your work). At this
> time, I'm using Cine Paint (aka gimp film) to apply icc/icm profiles to my
> images (tiff and jpeg formats only, my camera is a cheap one :-().

Cause CMS is new to digiKam maybe it is interesing to point to the website of
one of cinepaints cms gurus:

http://www.behrmann.name/cms/cinepaint/bildbearbeitung/cinepaint_ccorrection.html

Here you see a complete 16Bit color proof workflow from the photo image to
print-out. This site is currently state of the art and the reference.

An example of a raw-file IT-8 target is my
http://digikamplugins.free.fr/RAWFILESDATABASE/CANON-EOS20D.CR2.bz2

Some interesting info can be found here:
http://www.oyranos.org/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

Having 16Bit _AND_ CMS is a _DREAM_. If digiKam get these feature some day
then it is more than a killer application :o)

Bye and a big THANK YOU to all of you :-)

  Thorsten